High School Media Policies
2022-23 Basketball Hall of Fame High School Events Media/Photo/Video Policies
- Media credentialing will be conducted only during designated hours at the event venue.
- News media affiliated with legitimate, mainstream news organizations will be issued a MEDIA credential. Approved photojournalists will be issued a MEDIA credential. A business card or news ID may be requested at media check-in. All requests must be able to demonstrate an established web site, magazine or other medium in order to gain access.
- Media credentials will receive access to hospitality and reserved media seating.
- Due to the number of credential requests received, non-traditional outlets such a blogs, independent websites and scouting services will not be permitted credentials unless the writer is a member of the US Basketball Writers Association or space will permit additional requests.
- Student-athletes will be available for interviews following their games outside their respective locker rooms at the discretion of their coaches. Interviews are not permitted on the court.
- No interviews may be conducted at any Player Hotel. Please do not interview the student-athletes during non-interview times. The Hall of Fame/Position Sports Public Relations reserves the right to limit the number of interviews conducted.
- Photographers may take photos from the designated areas on the outside baselines of the court. Photographers (with cameras) are the only ones allowed in the designated photo areas. Other media must remain in the designated media seating area.
- Videographers are not permitted to videotape entire games for any reason. Please refer to the videotaping policies document.
- For non-ESPN games, outlets will be allowed to air up to two minutes of footage within the first 48 hours of completion of the event, however, no footage of the games may be transmitted live.
- Media must sit in assigned seats on press row. If your name is not on press row, overflow seating is in the general admission seating area. Please do not sit in reserved seats.
- Equipment, computers, cameras or personal items are not the responsibility of the Hall of Fame, Position Sports or the event venue.
- Any person who violates the above policies will have his/her credential taken away and be asked to leave the facility.
- No autographs, personal photos or selfies will be permitted.
- Wireless Internet access may be limited; a personal hotspot is suggested.
- NO VIDEO WILL BE ALLOWED DURING GAMES BROADCAST BY ESPN, ESPNU, OR ESPN+
- Due to existing television and online broadcasting rights, approved videographers are only allowed to tape up to two minutes of highlight footage per game for non-ESPN games only.
- Media outlets are only allowed to show highlights of the designated games within 48 hours.
- No media outlets are permitted to broadcast the designated games live, including but not limited to Facebook Live and Periscope.
- Videographers are never permitted to videotape entire games at any point
- Credentialed access to the event and media locations are at the sole direction of the Basketball Hall of Fame and its Media Relations contact. All videotaping must be conducted from the endlines of the court – not the bleachers.
- To ensure a dynamic viewing experience for fans, ESPN (or approved broadcast partner) will have first priority for all camera positions.
- Each non-news-based organization that is interested in collecting video footage for long term online or mobile use will be asked to pay a rights fee to the Basketball Hall of Fame - please contact media relations for further discussions.
- Videographers shall not sell or distribute any highlights coverage to any third party.
- The Basketball Hall of Fame has the right to request, at no charge, copies of all raw and edited footage taken from the event. Should the Basketball Hall of Fame or its designated media relations staff deem the video content to be not appropriate for viewing, the Hall of Fame has the right to request removal or withdrawal of the footage from any piece posted for viewing.
- Specific media policies and restrictions related to televised games will be posted online prior to the event and will be handed out upon check-in at the playing venue
- Each credentialed member is also subject to the terms listed on the back of the credential.
- Anyone who violates these policies may be asked to relinquish their credential and leave the facility.
For more information, please contact:
Position Sports @ [email protected]