College Media Policies
2022-23 Basketball Hall of Fame College Event Video Guidelines & Policies
The following guidelines and policies apply for all Basketball Hall of Fame collegiate events:
- Due to existing television and online broadcasting rights, approved videographers are only allowed to tape up to two minutes of highlight footage per game. All games have broadcast rights agreements in place.
- Media outlets are only allowed to show highlights of the designated games within 48 hours.
- No media outlets are permitted to broadcast the designated games live without prior permission from the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Videographers are not permitted to videotape entire games unless approved by the Basketball Hall of Fame staff.
- Credentialed access to the event and media locations are at the sole direction of the Basketball Hall of Fame and its Media Relations contact.
Each non-news based organization that is interested in collecting video footage for long term online or mobile use will be asked to pay a rights fee to the Basketball Hall of Fame - please contact media relations for further discussions.
The Basketball Hall of Fame has the right to request, at no charge, copies of all raw and edited footage taken from the event. Should the Basketball Hall of Fame or its designated media relations staff deem the video content to be not appropriate for viewing, the Basketball Hall of Fame has the right to request removal or withdrawal of the footage from any piece posted for viewing.
Specific media policies and restrictions related to televised games will be posted online prior to the event and upon check-in at the playing venue.
Each credentialed member is also subject to the terms listed on the back of the credential.
Anyone who violates these policies may be asked to relinquish their credential and leave the facility.
If you have any questions regarding these policies, please contact the Basketball Hall of Fame Media Relations Manager via email at: