The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Inc. (BHOF) is committed to protecting the privacy of its donors. We collect and maintain the following types of donor information:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number, and email address
- Giving History
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
The BHOF uses donor information to understand their interests in its mission and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. This information is shared with staff, board members and volunteers on a “need-to-know” basis. The BHOF assures donors that their information will not be shared sold to any third parties unless permission has been granted. For those who do not wish to be contacted, donors should contact the BHOF to have their names removed.
Where appropriate, and with the knowledge and consent of the donor, the BHOF may publicly recognize the receipt and purpose of an individual gift. However, unless approved by the donor, the BHOF staff will not disclose the specific amount of such gifts except where required by law. The BHOF will compile a donor listing that is categorized by level of giving.
Office policies are in place to safeguard donor information including:
- Physical measures, including locked filing cabinets and restricted access to offices
- Organizational measures such as security clearances and limiting access on a “need to know” basis
- Technological measures such as the use of passwords and encryption
- A records retention policy is in place
The BHOF does not share or sell donors’ personal information. Individual records are kept only as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which they were collected and to comply with applicable laws.